Blog #1: Research Proposal

For my case study, I will be researching internet memes regarding the religion of Islam. Specifically, I will look at memes that bring attention to the Islamophobia in the world today. This is a topic that I think will be interesting to look into because it is very common issue in the society in which we live. Many people associate Muslims with very negative, often violent stereotypes. Often, terrorist attacks are associated with Muslims as a whole, and this isn’t fair to the overwhelming majority of Muslims who are kind, peaceful people. I hope to develop a knowledge of what Islam actually stands for, as opposed to what many Islamophobes would argue that it stands for.

Here are a couple of examples of the types of memes that I will examine:

Comments

  1. Interesting topi. Please provide a clearer definition of what you mean by Islamophobia in your week 2 blog, draw on scholarly sources here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment